In order to apply you must register first.
Reports To: Licensed Mental Health Professional
Position Summary: The Mental Health Professional is responsible for providing approved MHR services to recipients assigned to them.
1. Has a Master of Social Work a degree or a Master of Arts degree in a mental health related field or a master of Science degree in a mental health related field or a Master of Education degree in a mental health related field
2. Has a minimum of 15 hours of graduate level course work and/or practicum experience in applied intervention strategies/methods designed to address behavioral and/or emotional and/or mental problems. These hours may be obtained as a part of or in addition to the Master’s degree.
Major Task List:
1. Provides community support work to recipients, as assigned
2. Provides individual and/or group counseling to recipients, as assigned
3. May provide Group Psychosocial Skills Training to recipients, as assigned
4. Participates in staff training assignments, as requested
5. Assess, review or monitor a recipient’s status in relation to rehabilitation
6. Identify, report and maintain weekly appointments for community resources
7. Submit accurate, legible and complete weekly counseling notes and service logs
8. Arrange appointments and transportation for recipient’s psychiatrist visits
9. Participates in the agency’s Performance Improvement initiative
10. Attend/conduct weekly staffing
11. Assist and positively interact with other team members
12. Works independently, as needed
13. Functions well in a crisis
14. Accepts supervision
15. Returns calls promptly
16. Assists with other projects related to agency operation, as requested
17. Attends all scheduled staff trainings, team meetings, etc…
18. Understands, acknowledges and agrees to adhere to Medicaid.
19. Acknowledges responsibility to participate in agency growth.
Demonstrates Positive Consumer Relations
Follows all agency’s policies and procedures
Demonstrates knowledge of the agency’s Code of Conduct, as evidenced by an annual review.
Attends all required in-services and training requires.
I have read and understand the job duties as required for Mental Health Professional.
Reports To: Clinical Director
Position Summary: The Licensed Mental Health Professional provides leadership for the agency.
Qualifications: (as defined by the MHR rule)
A) A Licensed Mental Health Professional is a person who has a graduate degree in a mental health-related field from an accredited institution and is licensed to practice in the state of Louisiana by the applicable professional board of examiners. The following professionals are considered to be LMHPs:
Licensed as a practicing psychologist under the provisions of R.S. 28:2351-2367
3. Registered Nurse
4. Social Worker
5. Licensed Professional Counselor
B) Additional required experience:
Major Task List:
8. Completes Initial Screening of prospective recipients
9. Supervises all non-licensed mental health staff that serve as a member of his/her assigned recipients’ team, meeting the supervision requirements of the MHR program
10. Evaluates charts of a representative sample of caseload quarterly
11. Consults with physician, nurses and other clinic personnel and community agency personnel to develop social diagnosis and plan of treatment or service and to interpret psycho-social factors related to illness, treatment and continuity of care needs.
12. Submits legible logs after seeing recipient with proper documentation and appropriate signatures
13. Returns calls promptly
14. Must be aware of all persons referred to other agencies, e.g. all discharges and clients not meeting the Medical Necessity
1. Demonstrates positive customer relations
2. Maintains confidentiality
3. Follows all agency policies and procedures
4. Demonstrates knowledge of the agency’s Code of Conduct, as evidenced by annual review
5. Attends all required in-services and training requirements
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
I have read and understand the job duties as required for Licensed Mental Health Profession.
@ Copyright 2014 Grace Behavioral Health Center, LLC